Specialization : Finance
Designation : Associate Professor
Email : email@example.com
Date of Joining : 01-06-2017
Nature of Association : Regular
Ph.D. : School of Management, IIT Bombay.
CMA : Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
C.A (Inter) : Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
FDP (16 Weeks) : Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
SLET : State Level Eligibility Test for Lectureship
M.Com : M.D.S. University, Ajmer
B.Com (H) : Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University.
Association with IMI-B: Regular
Dr. Devesh Baid is an Associate Professor in area of Accounting and Finance at International Management Institute (IMI), Bhubaneshwar. He builds on four pillars of teaching, consulting, research and training. He is into management education and consulting for SME’s for more than a decade. He writes and uses management cases for teaching. His expertise is in the areas of costing, corporate financing, fund raising, and management controls and performance management. Dr. Devesh has conducted MDP’s for both private and public sector companies. He has also organized many Excel and SPSS workshops for faculties, research scholars and students. He has been holding several administrative positions since last one and a half decade.
1.Thesis Abstract: A Study of Management Control Systems, School Performance, and Participative Decision Making, Journal of Education Planning and Administration(NUEPA), Vol. XXX, No. 4, October 2016.
A. Project and Consulting Assignments
1.Developed a board game for educating farmers on Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme while working with C.C.S. National Institute of Agricultural Marketing, Ministry of Agriculture (Govt. of India), Jaipur, Rajasthan.
2.Conducted a study for World Bank titled “Report on Organizational Structure and Functions of FPO’s and FPC’s in Kota and Jhalawar districts of Rajasthan” while working with C.C.S. National Institute of Agricultural Marketing, Ministry of Agriculture (Govt. of India), Jaipur, Rajasthan.
3.Consultant for fund and non-fund financial arrangements for Pragyawan Technologies Private Limited, September 2015 to March 2016.
4.Developed a Guidance Note on “Key Costs and Contribution Analysis” for Institute of Cost Accountants of India (www.icmai.in), January 1, 2012 to March 31, 2012.
5.Study of “Cost and Profitability Analysis of Transport Operations”, Vasant Transport Company (A Unit of Vasant Group - www.vasantgroup.in), August 1, 2010 to November 30, 2010.
6.Study of “Value Based Management in Indian Corporates”, Jointly with Prof. Deepak Danak, Faculty, Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, June 1, 2007 to July 31, 2007.
B. Corporate Training Programmes
1. Open MDP – Finance for Non Finance Executives.
2. Company Specific – Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd., Kalptaru Power Transmission Ltd., Vedanta Ltd., Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation, Gujarat State Fertilizers Corporation, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd., etc.
C. Workshops Conducted
1.SPSS Workshop (12 Hrs) - 16th & 17th December 2016 – MFT(IV Sem) and BFT(VIII Sem) students of National Institute of Fashion Technology, Gandhinagar.
2.Advance Excel and Introduction to SPSS Workshop (9 Hrs) - 17th & 18th January 2017 – MFT(IV Sem) and BFT(VIII Sem) students of National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi.
3.erformance Management in Schools (3 Hrs) – 21st February 2017, Organized by GLS Center for Research and Development, GLS University, Ahmedabad.
4.Multivariate Data Analysis (6 Hrs) – 2nd March 2017. Faculty of GLS University, Ahmedabad.
5.Multivariate Data Analysis (6 Hrs) – 14th March 2017. Faculty of GLS University, Ahmedabad.
6.Advance Excel (Statistical Functions) (12 Hrs) - 25th & 26th March 2017 – MFT(V Sem) and BFT(VII Sem) students of National Institute of Fashion Technology, Gandhinagar.
Workshops Attended (One Week Duration)
1.Multivariate Data Analysis, Vinod Gupta School of Management, 4th to 9th June, 2012, IIT Kharagpur.
Awards and Recognition
1.Full Fee Scholarship, Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), Delhi University. 1995-1998
1.Joint Coordinator for executive three year part time PGDBM programme at Som Lalit Institute of Management Studies, Ahmedabad.
1. Jan 2014 to May 2017, Self Employed as Management Consultant and Visiting Faculty (During this period worked on thesis work for grant of PhD, School of Management, IIT Bombay)
2. May 2007 to Dec 2013, Assistant Professor, Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
3. July 2004 to March 2007, Lecturer, Som Lalit Institute of Business Management, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
4. May 2003 to June 2004, Trainee Academic Associate, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
5. July 2001 to April 2003, Lecturer, Shri Jain P.G. College, Bikaner, Rajasthan.
1. Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management, Ahmedabad, 2015-2016 to 2016-17
2. Masters of Fashion Technology, National Institute of Fashion Technology, Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India, Gandhinagar, 2014-2015 to 2016-2017.
3. Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad, 2015-2016
4. School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Dindayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, 2015-2016.
5. National Institute of Agricultural Marketing, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India, Jaipur, 2009-2010 to 2015-2016.
6. Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Gandhinagar, 2014-2015.
7. Institute of Cost Accountants of India, Ahmedabad Chapter 2011-2012 to 2012-2013.
8. Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, 2006 – 2007
9. Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition, Ahmedabad, 2003-2004.
10. New L.J. Commerce College, Ahmedabad, 2003-2004
1. August 1999 to April 2003, Purchase and Accounts, Rajasthan Drug Agency, Bikaner, Rajasthan. (Family business of wholesale drugs, devoted app. two hours daily).
2. August 1998 to August 1999, Purchase Executive, ISIBARS Ltd, Mumbai.
3. August 1995 to March 1998, Commercial College Cooperative Bank Limited, Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), Delhi University (Started as student trainee, promoted to manager in third year of graduation).