Specialization : Information Systems
Designation : Director & Professor
Email : email@example.com
M.Sc. , EDBA
Electronic Business, ERP, Business Intelligence
PROF. RAMESH BEHL is the Director and Professor of Information Systems at International Management Institute. His teaching expertise includes Information Technology based Decision Making, E-Business, Information Systems Management, Business Intelligence, Enterprise Systems, and Customer Relationship Management. In addition to teaching, Ramesh is an active researcher in the area of eBusiness and Information Systems Management. He has also designed and developed number of software for various industry applications. Ramesh is a United Nations fellow on Information Systems & International Operations and SAP Certified Consultant. He is an International Accreditated Professor of International Accreditation Organization (IAO), USA. Has over twenty nine years of teaching, research and consulting experience in the area of Information Technology and E-Business; Worked with Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi, Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow and Statesman New Delhi; Did number of research and consulting assignments for Government and Private Organisations. Ramesh sits on the Board of leading Business Schools and Technology Companies. Member of Academic Advisory Council of some of the leading and upcoming Business Schools. Author of Eighteen Books, fifteen Case Studies and more than 45 research papers of National and International Repute. Member Editorial Board of ISJ -the Interdisciplinary Studies Journal, USA. An Internationally acclaimed SAP consultant and trainer. Conducted training and delivered lectures to the faculty and students of various International universities in Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Australia, China, Germany and Thailand. Was member of the Core Group on Electronic Commerce set-up by Ministry of Commerce, Government of India. Awarded "Outstanding Academic Award 2010" from SAP, South East Asia, Japan and "Best Professor in Information Technology" as part of Asia's Best B-School Awards presented by CMO Asia at Singapore in July, 2011.
Rajagopal and Behl, R. (2016), Business Analytics and Cyber Security Management in Organizations, IGI Global, Hershey, PA.
Valacich, J., Schneider, C. and Behl, R. (2014), Information Systems Today: Managing in the Digital World, 6th ed., Pearson Asia, New Delhi, India.
Marakas, G.M., Behl, R. and O'Brien, J.A. (2013), Management Information Systems, 10th ed., Mcgraw Hill Education, New Delhi, India.
Behl, R. (2012), Information Technology for Management, 2nd ed., Tata McGrawHill, New Delhi, India.
Valacich, J., Schneider, C. and Behl, R. (2012), Information Systems Today: Managing in the Digital World, 5th ed., Pearson Asia, New Delhi, India.
Behl, R. (2013), Automating Resident Welfare Activities, [Case Study], 10th ed., Tata McGraw Hill, Management Information Systems, pp. 752–753.
Behl, R. (2013), Redbus.in Automating Bus Travel Industry, [Case Study], 10th ed., Tata McGraw Hill, Management Information Systems, pp. 297–298.
Behl, R. (2013), Second and Powerful, [Case Study], 10th ed., Tata McGraw Hill, Management Information Systems, pp. 368–369.
Behl, R. and Chawla, D. (2011), “Usage and Perception of Knowledge Economy on Small & Medium Enterprises in India”, [Sponsored Research], in Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communication & Information Technology, Government of India.
For all publications click here
International Conferences & Training
- Presented a paper entitled, “An Empirical Research Study to Analyze the Role of Cyber Cafés on Internet Penetration”, at International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems and Web Technologies (EISWT-2007), organized by PromoteResearch.com at Orlando, Florida, USA, July 9-12, 2007.
- Participated in 1stAnnual Academic Conference organized by SAP Asia Pacific Japan in Bangkok from November 9 -10, 2008.
- Participated in ERP Simulation Train-the-Trainer certification workshop at Montreal, Canada from June 6-11, 2009 and successfully completed the Certification.
- Participated in Business Objects Master Train-the-Trainer Workshop at Singapore from September 7 – 11, 2009 and successfully completed the same.
- Conducted the Workshop on “ERP Simulation” at 2ndAnnual Academic Conference of SAP Asia Pacific Japan in Xian, China from November 18-20, 2009.
- Organized an International conference “Euro-India ICT Event” at International Management Institute on December 10-11, 2009 in collaboration with European Commission.
- Organized the SAP India International Academic Conference at IMI, New Delhi from July 16-17, 2010.
- Participated in SAP Business By Design enablement workshop held at Munich, Germany between December 8 – 12, 2010
- Conducted the workshop on “Business Configuration” at 3rd Annual Academic Conference organized by SAP Asia Pacific Japan in Singapore from June 2-10, 2011
- Participated in SAP Business By Design Workshop held at Walldroff, Germany and delivered the talk on “India’s Experience on Cloud solutions – ByDesign”. The workshop was sponsored by SAP and held between Oct 1-8, 2011.
- Delivered a talk on “Cloud-Computing and Role of Business ByDesign” for the faculty members of Australian Universities at Sydney and Melbourne on Feb 21 & 23, 2012.
- Delivered a train-the-trainer workshop on “Cloud based Business ByDesign” for the faculty members of Australian Universities at Sydney from April 10-13, 2012.
- Conducted the workshop on “ERP Simulation using BI” at 4th Annual Academic Conference organized by SAP Asia Pacific Japan in Hong Kong from July 2 – 7, 2012
- Participated in the Master-Trainer workshop on Enterprise Mobility Solutions at Qingdao, China from July 31 to Aug 3, 2012.
- A corporate level Development of Management Information System for a Merchant Exporter.
- Marketing of Computer Software in India and Abroad.
- Export Potential of Select Electronic Component.
- Survey of IT Industry & its Export Competitiveness.
- India's Software Exports.
- Packaged Software Exports: Key to success in International Software Market.
- Measurement of Satisfaction of Internet Users : An Indian Perspective
- Software for Aligned Pre‑Shipment Export Documents
- India's Foreign Trade (Imports & Exports) Database
- Software for Procurement of Raw Material & Management
- Software for Foreign Trade Library
- Personnel Information System
- Periodical Acquisition & Control System
- Software for Management of Rural Development Program
- Software for analysis of Export Statistics to help Export Promotion Decisions
- Information Retrieval System for Newspaper Library
- Software Package for Financial Accounting
- Software System for Budgetary Planning & Control
- Advertisement Billing
- Inventory Control System
- Share Analysis System
- Was member of the Core Group on Electronic Commerce set-up by Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
- Participated in number of policy level meetings organised by the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India relating to Electronic Commerce policy framework.
- "Outstanding Academic Award 2010" from SAP, South East Asia, Japan.
- "Best Professor in Information Technology" as part of Asia's Best B-School Awards presented by CMO Asia.
"Best Professor in Information Technology Management" at the 21st Dewang Mehta B-School Awards at Taj Lands End, Mumbai
Managed the Computer Centre of Statesman, IIM Lucknow, IIFT New Delhi and International Management Institute, New Delhi as Head of the Computer Centre.
Programme Director of 2-year PGP (1998-2000) programme at International Management Institute.
Programme Director of 3-year PGPM (2000-2001) programme at IMI, New Delhi.
Conceived, designed, developed and implemented the first ever two-year full time post graduate programme in Information technology and Management at IMI, New Delhi. Managed the PGPITM (2001-03) batch as its first Programme Director.
Member of Admission committee, Placement committee and Academic Council at IIFT and IMI, New Delhi.
Managed number of Research Projects as Project Leader.
Organised number of EDP’s for different organizations.
International SAP trainer on different ERP solutions.
Programme Director of Executive PGDM programme at IMI, New Delhi from 2010 onwards.
Member of IMI Admission Committee.
Member IMI Board since October 2010.