Workshop on “How to Write a Publishable Manuscript in a Refereed Journal” on 21 October 2011.
The Research wing conducted its first event ‘How to Write a Publishable Manuscript’. The resource person for the event was Dr. Damodar Suar, Professor, IIT Kharagpur. Nearly 25 participants from various B schools, universities, and institutions joined the event. Dr. Suar spoke about why to publish, where to publish, and how to publish research manuscripts. He explained the entire process of paper writing to the participants including the processes of literature review, data analysis, writing the discussion section, referencing and other stylization factors. The event was well appreciated by the participants all of whom wanted that such events should be conducted more often and should be of long duration than just one-day workshops.
National Workshop Cum Training Program on NewGenLib on 9-11 December 2011.
NewGenLib is an integrated Library Management System developed by Verus Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Released under open source license it is very difficult to get the exact number of installations but it is estimated that more than 2,800 libraries across 58 countries are using NewGenLib as their primary integrated Library Management System. Nearly 20 participants from various B schools, universities, and institutions joined the event. It integrates into itself the use of contemporary, international metadata and interoperability standards. IMI Bhubaneswar conducted a national workshop on NewGenLib for Librarians at its Bhubaneswar Campus.
Workshop on “Strategies for Getting Published and Developing Effective Research Network” on 2 April 2012.
A workshop on strategies for developing effective reseach publication and network was conducted at IMI, Bhubaneswar. Prof. Monica Forret, Director of the Doctor of Business Administration Program of St. Ambrose University, Iowa, USA and a well-known editor in reputed peer reviewed journals and Prof. V. Sita of the University of Hyderabad delivered their lectures in the workshop. Professors & research scholars from various Universities and Business Schools from Odisha and West Bengal took part in the workshop along with nearly 22 participants from various B schools, universities, and institutions joined the event. The programme was inaugurated by Dr. Somayajulu Garimella, Director, IMI, Bhubaneswar and the program was coordinated by Dr. Supriti Mishra, Associate Professor, IMI Bhubaneswar.
Workshop on "Multivariate Research Methods" on 23-24 September 2016.
The workshop on “Multivariate Research Methods” aimed at providing a platform to novice researchers where they can enhance their repertoire of research capabilities and experts can fine-tune their skills. The course content was designed to provide a thorough understanding of various multivariate analytic tools that ensures a common thread linking all the research methods on the anvil in the program. Nearly 8 participants from various B schools, universities, and institutions joined the event. The methods were carefully chosen taking into consideration two aspects: how frequently are the methods used and how sequential they are in terms of learning.
The Institute conducts a number of Research Workshops to enhance research skills amongst faculty members – not only for IMI Bhubaneswar but also for researchers and faculties across institutions. Some of these workshops are offered as Management Development Programs and as Faculty Development Programs; where as some of them are offered gratis to the world at large.
Focus of these research workshops include development of research skills, usage of analytical softwares, strategies for getting published in quality research journals, strategies for developing research networks etc. Following are some FDPs:
- 2-Day FDP on “Structural Equation Modelling for Research” on 23-24 September, 2016
- 2-Week FDP AICTE sponsored on “Multivariate Data Analysis for Advanced Research” during 03-16 December 2017
- 3-Day FDP on “Financial Time Series Analysis Using R” on 7-9 March, 2018
- 1-Day FDP on “Understanding R Software for Research” on September 17, 2018
- 3-Day FDP on “Financial Time Series Analysis Using R” on 13-15 December, 2018
- 6-Day FDP on “Enterprise System Using SAP” during 29 April - 04 May, 2019.
- 4-Day FDP on “Summer School on Econometric Analysis” during 27-30 May, 2019.
- 3-Day FDP on “Financial Time Series Analysis Using R “ during 19-21 September, 2019.
- 5-Day Workshop on “Train the Trainer- ERP Simulation” during 21-24 October, 2020.
- 5-Day Workshop on “Train the Trainer- ERP Simulation” during 5-9 October, 2020.
- 1-Week STTP AICTE Sponsored on “Quality Teaching and Research" during 11-16 January, 2021.
- 5-Day FDP AICTE (ATAL) Academy Sponsored on "Emotional Intelligence" during 18-22 January, 2021.
- 1-Week STTP AICTE Sponsored on " Quality Teaching and Research during 18-23 January, 2021.