Specialization : Communication, OB & HR
Designation : Assistant Professor
Email : [email protected]
Date of Joining : 07-06-2019
Nature of Association : Regular
Pallavi Pandey is an Assistant Professor- HR and OB at IMI Bhubaneshwar. She has a track record of 6 publications and 7 international and national conferences. Her teaching interest lies in the areas of Organizational Behavior, and Human Resource Management. She is a Ph.D. in management from IIT(ISM)-Dhanbad and holds a Post- Graduate Diploma in Retail Management from BIMTECH, Greater Noida. Her research currently spans workplace diversity, employees’ discrimination and intention to quit. In addition to this, she has received several awards in sports and community work.
Research papers and cases published
1. Pandey P. Singh S. & Pathak P. (2021), An exploratory study on factors contributing to job dissatisfaction of retail employees in India, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. (Accepted for Publication, ABDC, Category A, SCI and SSCI Indexed).
2. Pandey P. “Does commuting drive employee turnover? A select case of women employed in the Indian retail industry”. International Journal of Economics and Business Research, (ABDC, Category C, Scopus Indexed).
3. Pandey P. & Patel G.N. (2020), Retaining front-line service employees: Introducing Analytic Hierarchy Process in retail industry", Vol. 13, No. 3, pp- 321-337, International journal management Practice. ISSN No. 1741-8143 (Scopus Indexed)
4. Pandey P., Singh S. & Pathak P. (2019), Factors affecting turnover intention among frontend
employees in the Indian retail industry, Vol No.19, No.2, pp. 166-182, International journal of Human resource development and management. ISSN No. 1741-5160 (Scopus Indexed)
5. Pandey P., Singh S. & Pathak P. (2018), Retail blues in black and white: An emerging market
context. International journal of retail and distribution management, Vol. 46, No.11/12, pp. 1002-1025, ISSN No. 0959-0552 (ABDC, Category A, SCI and SSCI Indexed).
6. Pandey P., Singh S. & Pathak P. (2016), Devising retention strategy for front line employees in
retail: An application of Analytic Hierarchy Process. International journal of service, economics
and management, Vol.7 No.2-4, pp: 222-245. ISSN No. 1753-0830 (Scopus Indexed)
7. Pandey P., Singh S. & Pathak P. (2015), Achieving retention through human resource information
system: Developing a framework. Recent Advances in Information Technology (RAIT), 2016 3rd
International Conference on (pp. 700-704). IEEE. (Scopus Indexed).
8. Pandey P., Singh S. & Pathak P. (2015), Ethical leadership: The need for a new approach in retail. Purushartha, Vol.3 No.1, pp- 414:422. ISSN: 0975-024X (Scopus Indexed).
Teaching Cases Published
1. Yadav R. and Pandey P.(2018), “Bakeys Cutlery: An Innovative Sustainable Product”, Ivey Case
2. Pandey P. and Yadav R. (2020), “ Danone India: The challenges of expanding into an emerging market”, South Asian Journal of Business Management. DOI: 10.1177/2277977920911904. (Scopus Indexed)
1. Financial Personality of Indian Investors: A study on Aptness of Personality Tests available for mapping investment behaviour, Paper presented in 6th EGADE international conference held at IMI Bhubaneswar 28th November- 30th November, 2019.
2. Retaining service employees: An application of Analytic Hierarchy Process in the Retail Industry. Presented at Fore International HR and OB conference 2019. 7th to 9th January, 2019.
3. Digital Exclusion: An Exploratory Study on The Challenges of Online Shopping for Persons With Disabilities In India, Paper presented at International Conference for business and economics, Rome, 25th -28th September 2018.
4. Digital India or Digital Divide? Identifying the Barriers and Enablers of Shopping Online Among Persons with Disabilities in India. Paper presented at 5th PAN IIM Conference, Lucknow, 14th – 16th December 2017.
5. Achieving retention through human resource information system: Developing a framework. Presented at International Seminar on Recent advances in information technology (RAIT, 2016) Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, 3rd -5th March 2016. Proceedings- IEEE Xplore
6. E-tailing in India- a comparative study of the business models of national and international e-retailers in India. Presented at 7th Oxford Asia Retail Conference Singapore 24th – 26th September 2013.
1. Human resource management and ethical issues in retailing. Presented at National Seminar on Effectiveness, ethics and sustainability- the measure of organizational excellences (NSEES), Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, 6th -7th December, 2013.
2. Retail leadership: A need for a new approach in retail. Presented at National Seminar on Effectiveness, ethics and sustainability- the measure of organizational excellences (NHRDN), Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, 6th -7th December, 2013.
Factors affecting turnover intention among frontend employees in the Indian retail industry
Retail blues in black and white: An emerging market context
Devising retention strategy for front line employees in retail: An application of Analytic Hierarchy Process International journal of service, economics and management