Specialization : Marketing
Designation : Associate Professor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph. D. Utkal University, Odisha. MBA (Marketing) Agra University, U.P., B.Sc. (Mathematics & Statistics), Agra University, U.P.
- Marketing Research
- Customer Analytics
- Multivariate Modeling
Dr. Manit Mishra is Associate Professor (Marketing & Quantitative Techniques) at IMI Bhubaneswar. His teaching expertise includes Marketing Research, Business Analytics, Consumer Behaviour, Retail Management, Research Methodology, Business Statistics and Mathematics. His areas of research interest are hedonic consumption behaviour, statistical modelling, marketing instrument validation and multivariate consumer behaviour analysis. He has co-authored a book titled “Retail Marketing” published by Vrinda Publications, New Delhi. He has published several research papers in refereed peer-reviewed Journals such as Asian Case Research Journal, International Journal of Development & Social Research, Indian Journal of Marketing and IUP Journal of Marketing Management and IUP Journal of Management Research. He has also presented several research papers at International and National seminars. Further, he is actively involved in conducting training sessions for marketing practitioners as well as academicians in the area of structural equation modeling, multivariate data analysis and business analytics.
Sahoo, S.C., Mishra, M. and Das, S.C. (2011), Marketing in Recession, CVRCE, Bhubaneswar, India.
Mishra, B. B. and Mishra, M. (2008), Retail Marketing, Vrinda Publications, New Delhi, India.
Banerjee, M. and Mishra, M. (2017), “Retail Supply Chain Management Practices in India: A Business Intelligence Perspective,” Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 34 (January), pp. 248-259.
Mishra, M. (2016), “Confirmatory Factor Analysis (CFA) as an analytical technique to assess measurement error in survey research: A review,” Paradigm, 20(2), pp. 97-112.
Mishra, M. and Mishra, S. (2016), “Financial risk tolerance among Indian investors: A multiple discriminant modeling of determinants”, Strategic Change: Briefings in Entrepreneurial Finance, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 485–500.
Mishra, M. (2015), “Promoting Oral Health in Rural India – The Case of Pepsodent: An Analysis”, Global Business Review, Vol. 16 No. 3, pp. 537–539.
Mishra, S. and Mishra, M. (2014), “Financial Risk Tolerance: A Literature Review”, Siddhant – A Journal of Decision Making, Vol. 14 No. 1, pp. 10–20.
Mishra, M. and Mohanty, S. (2013), “Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility Communication on Corporate Brand Personality Assessment”, IUP Journal of Management Research, Vol. 11 No. 4, pp. 26-38.
Mishra, M. and Sahoo, S.C. (2013), “Bajaj Auto Limited: Synergizing Product Engineering and Market Engineering Initiatives”, Asian Case Research Journal, Vol. 17 No. 2, pp. 305-338.
Mishra, M. and Mishra, B.B. (2012), “An Empirical Investigation of Materialism in Indian Consumers”, Srusti Management Review, Vol. 5 No. 2, pp. 15–22.
Mishra, M. and Mishra, S. (2012), “An Exploratory Study towards Assessment of the Impact of Advertisements on Consumer Attitude Formation”, BIITM Business Review, Vol. 2 No. 2, pp. 34–44.
Mishra, M. and Mohapatra S (2012), “A Bi-Sample and Bi-Method Investigation of Materialism in Indian Context”, International Journal of Development and Social Research, II No. 2, pp. 51–64.
Mishra, M. and Sahoo, S.C. (2012), “Multiple Regression Analysis: A Case for its Application towards measuring Customer Satisfaction in an MNC Bank”, Siddhant – A Journal of Decision Making, Vol. 12 No. 2, pp. 105–114.
Mishra, M. (2011), “Assessment of influence of materialistic values on consumption innovativeness”, Indian Journal of Marketing, Vol. 41 No. 9, pp. 23–30.
Mishra, M. and Mishra, B.B. (2011), “A Quantitative Assessment of Materialistic Value and its Relationship with Consumer Behaviour in Indian Culture”, IUP Journal of Marketing Management, X No. 2, pp. 33–53.
Mishra, M. and Sahoo, S.C. (2011), “Multivariate Analysis: A Strategic Tool for Generating Innovative Consumer Insight”, KIIMS International Management Review, Vol. 1 No. 1, pp. 47–53.
Mishra, M. (2010), “Materialism: Construct Conceptualization and Operationalization”, Indian Journal of Marketing, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 3-9 and 65.
Mishra, M. (2009), “Measurement in Marketing: A Study on Construct Validation with Special Reference to Multitrait-Multimethod (MTMM) matrix”, Indian Journal of Marketing, Vol. 39, No. 7, pp. 9-15.
Edited Book Contributions
Mishra, M. (2017), “A discussion on Indian consumers’ hedonic and non-hedonic values” Business Analytics and Cyber Security Management in Organizations, in Rajagopal and R Behl (Eds.), IGI Global Publishers, Hershey, Pennsylvania [Forthcoming].
Mishra, M. (2011), “Materialism: Marketer’s key ally against downturn”, Recession Crisis Management, in RL Panigrahy, SS Nayak, and AK Sahu (Eds.), Discovery Publishing House, New Delhi, p. 19-30.
Conference Proceedings and Papers
Mishra, M. (2015), “A meta-analytic study of socially desirable responding (SDR) across Indian and Chinese cultures”, in International Conference on Sino-Indian Relation: Change and Development, Chengdu, Sichuan, China, 26-27 October, Sichuan Academy of Social Sciences, Chengdu, Sichuan, China.
Mishra, M. (2015), “Socially desirable responses as a source of method variance in research in Indian context. A critical review of literature and recommended statistical remedies”, in 6th IIMA conference on “Marketing in emerging economies", Ahmedabad, India, 7-9 January, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India.
Mishra, M. and Banerjee, M. (2015), “Retail supply chain management practices in India: Key priorities for competitive advantage and firm performance – A business intelligence perspective”, in 6th IIMA conference on “Marketing in emerging economies", Ahmedabad, India, 7-9 January, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India.
Mishra, M. and Mohanty, S. (2012), “Perceptual mapping of corporate brand personality based on corporate social responsibility communication”, in National conference on “Corporate social responsibility: Issues in implementation", Bhubaneswar Odisha, 9-11 February, Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar Odisha.
For all publications click here
- Presented research paper entitled, “Modeling Constructs: A Perspective on Validation,” at “7th ISDSI and 5th OSCM International Conference” organized by IMI, New Delhi, India, 28-30 December 2013.
- Presented research paper entitled, “A Meta Analysis of Causes of Sickness in MSME Sector,” at “UGC Sponsored International Seminar on Development of Entrepreneurship in MSME – A Way Forward to Sustainability,” organized by PG Department of Commerce, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India, 6-7 March, 2012.
- Presented research paper entitled, “Perceptual Mapping of Corporate Brand Personality based on Corporate Social Responsibility Communication,” at “National Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility: Issues in Implementation,” organized by Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB), 9-11 February, 2012.
- Presented research paper entitled, “Materialistic values: Measurement and assessment of relationship with individualistic constructs,” at “International Conference on Demography, Culture and Marketing (2010): An Integrated Approach towards Cognitive Justice with special focus on Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa,” organized by Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB), 14-16 December, 2010.
- Presented Research Paper entitled, “Materialism: Marketer’s greatest ally against downturn,” at National Seminar on “Marketing in a downturn economy,” at CVRCE, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, 01 June 2009.
- Presented Research Paper entitled, “An Empirical Investigation of Materialism in Urban Indian Consumers”, at International Conference on India in the Emerging Global Order, XIM Bhubaneswar, Odisha 29-31 January, 2007.
- Presented Research Paper entitled, “A Study on Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures in Indian Manufacturing Industry” at Conference on Global Competitiveness, IIM Kozhikode, Kozhikode, Kerala 24-25 March, 2006.
Ph.D. Scholars under Guidance
- Supervising four (04) in number Ph.D. scholars registered with different universities.
- Visiting faculty for International Management Institute, New Delhi (IMI) in the area of Research Methodology: Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) for FPM (2013-14).
- Visiting faculty for Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) in the area of Marketing Research for PGDM and PGDM-PT Programmes (2013-14).
- Invited by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi as Subject Matter Expert on Retail Management for review of study material prepared under NVEQF norms.
Association with Professional Bodies
- Member, Indian Science Congress Association.
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Research
- Business Analytics
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- Research Methodology
- Business Statistics
- Business Mathematics
- Hedonic consumption behavior
- Statistical Modelling
- Marketing instrument validation
- Multivariate consumer behavioural analysis
Faculty Development & Corporate Training Programmes Conducted
- Coordinated and offered sessions during 03 day MDP (04-06 September 2014) on “Customer Relationship Management (CRM)” for Executives of Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) held at IMI Bhubaneswar.
- Coordinated and offered sessions during 12 week MDP (04 August - 25 October 2014) on “Marketing & Sales Management” for personnel of Indian Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air force) sponsored by Directorate General Resettlement (DGR), Ministry of Defence held at IMI Bhubaneswar.
- Organized and conducted workshop on “Multivariate Research Methods” at IMI, Bhubaneswar on 22-23 December 2012.
- Centurion University of Technology & Management, Bhubaneswar, Odisha invited as the resource person for a one-day special session on “Research Methodology,” on 01 April 2012.
- GIMS, Gunupur, Odisha invited as the resource person for a one-day workshop on “SPSS package and its Applications in Business Research,” on 18 May 2011.
- Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Odisha invited as the resource persons to conduct a two-day Faculty Development Programme on “SPSS: An Important Tool for Research,” on 12-13 May 2011.
- SAM, Bhubaneswar, Odisha invited as Resource Person for conducting a session on “SPSS Training – cum – Workshop,” during 01 – 05 February 2011 for the faculty members.
- CVRCE, Bhubaneswar, Odisha extended an invitation to conduct a session on “Changing paradigms in retailing,” at an AICTE sponsored FDP on Monday, 19 April 2010.
- KIST, Bhubaneswar invited as resource person to conduct a session on the topic, “Brand Management” at Konark Institute of Science & Technology, Bhubaneswar, Odisha on 14 February, 2007.
- Chennai Radha Engineering Works Pvt. Ltd. (CREW) invited to conduct a session on “Employee motivation and dynamic changes happening across the organization,” on 24 January 2010 at Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Chennai Radha Engineering Works Pvt. Ltd. (CREW) invited to conduct an “Assessment Lab,” on 28 March 2010 at, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.