Specialization : Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques
Designation : Associate Professor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of Joining : 01-06-2017
Nature of Association : Regular
Operations Management, Supply Chain Management
Presently Guiding 6 research Scholars for their Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) research work.
Dr. Ranjit Roy Ghatak is an Associate Professor at IMI, Bhubaneswar. He is a PhD in Management from M.J.P Rohilkhand University, Bareilly .Prior to his doctorate he has completed his M.B.A( Systems and Operations Management) and M.Sc(Applied Mathematics) from The University of Burdwan. He has secured second rank in the university in both M.B.A and M.Sc University examinations in his batch .He was also awarded the University Grants Commission (U.G.C) National scholarship for pursuing his M.Sc His teaching interest includes Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Service Operations Management and Total Quality Management. In addition to teaching, Dr. Ghatak is an active researcher in the area operations management particularly in supply chain management and service operations management. He has published a number of research papers in refereed journals of high repute and conducted MDPs for corporates like NTPC, ONGC and Tata Motors. Dr. Ghatak has over sixteen years of teaching, research and consulting experience .Prior to his assignment at IMI, Bhubaneswar, he has worked with Amity Business School,Noida; ITS Mohannagar, Ghaziabad; Rai Business School, Delhi and Invertis Institute of Management Studies, Bareilly.
(1) Ghatak,R.R.,Jasial,S.S., Kumar,J. & Thakur, V. (2010) A case study of TQM at Nissan Motors, NSB Management Review, Vol. 3, No 1, August 2010, 44-48.
(2) Ghatak,R.R. (2011) Validating the Retail Quality Scale for Indian customers of Apparel Specialty Stores, ACME Journal of Management Brilliance, Vol 2, No 1, Jan - June , 2011. Biannual referred International Journal (ISSN No. 0976-5980)
(3) Pal .S.S & Ghatak, R.R.(2011). Some Aspects of Risk Management in closed loop supply chains, Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Supply Chain & Manufacturing Management, IIT Kharagpur,India, December 16-18,2011 .
(4) Ghatak,R.R. (2011) The Behavioral Consequence of Retail Service Quality: An Empirical Application of the Retail Service Quality Scale for Indian Customers of Apparel Specialty Stores, JK Journal of Management & Technology,Vol. 3(2),July –Dec,2011, ISSN 0975-0924.
(5) Ghatak,R.R. (2014) Effect of service quality on Behavioral Purchase Intentions: Study of University Students In India, The International Journal of Business And Management,Vol2(7),July 2014, ISSN 2321-8916.
(6) Ghatak,R.R. (2014) Managing Service Quality in Indian Apparel Retail Stores: Customer’s Gender effects, Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business Research,Vol3(5),2014, ISSN 2305-8277.
(7) Mantry,S., Ghatak, R.R.(2016) Port Operation Structure and Effectiveness in India, Journal of Advances in Science And Technology, Vol 10(21),pp 1-4, ISSN No 2230-9659.
(8) Ghatak,R.R., Pal,S.S.(2016) Prioritizing the Service Failures of Package Delivery Business: An Analytical Hierrarchy Process Analysis, IUP Journal of Supply Chain Management,Vol XIII(4),2016,ISSN No 0972-9267.
(9) Ghatak,R.R., Singhi, R. Bansal , S.(2016) Online Store Selection Attributes and Patronage Intentions : An Empirical Analysis of the Indian E-retailing Industry, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 9( 44), ISSN No 0974-5645.(SCOPUS INDEXED).
(10) Ghatak,R.R.(2016) Multi-criteria Based Evaluation and Prioritization of telecom Service Provider Selection Attributes of Indian Consumers, International Journal of Management and Business Studies,Vol 6(4),pp 1-4,ISSN No 2230-9519.
(11) Mantry.S, Ghatak,R.R. (2017) Comparing and Contrasting of Major Indian and Select International Ports, International Journal of Research in Finance and Marketing, Vol. 7, No 6, July 2017, 1-19.
(12) Ghatak.R.R (2017) Understanding Service Quality of Business Hotels : Using Kano's Model,MAIMS Journal of Management, Vol. 12, No 1, April 2017, 36-45.
(13) Ghatak, R.R (2018) Modelling of Critical Success Factors for Quality Management System Implementation for Indian Small-scale Plastic Manufacturing Enterprises- An ISM and MICMAC Approach, Indian Journal of Economics and Business, Vo 17, No 4, 199-214. (ABDC C Category Journal)
(1) Ghatak, R.R. (2015) Reinventing the Newspaper Industry with ICT , Case Studies in Contemporary Management, 1st Edition, K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd , pp. 41-46. ISBN No: 9789384588755
(2) Ghatak,R.R.(2015) Marketing Strategies of Kara Wipes in Punjab, Case Studies in Contemporary Management, 1st Edition,K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd, pp. 31-36 ISBN No: 9789384588755
Chapters in books
(1) Naik, S.K., Ghatak, R.R. (2019). Coal Sourcing Options for CPPs of Aluminum Smelters in India: Issues & Challenges, Palgrave Macmillan Book 8- Conference Anthology -2018, Innovation, Technology, and Market Ecosystems: Managing Industrial Growth in Emerging Market, Rajagopal and R. Behl (Eds.), Springer International Publishing, New York. (Accepted for Publication)
(1) Kulkarni, V., Baser, C.N.,Ghatak, R.R.(2011) Management II, Dorling Kindersley (India) Pvt Limited (Pearson Education)
Conference Presentations and Proceedings
(1) Ghatak, R. R. (2002). Knowledge Management and Information Technology. The Proceedings of the IIMS annual conference on Human Resource Management, Sep’2002, Bareilly, India.
(2) Ghatak, R.R. (2003). A Blue Print for Building Secure Websites, The Proceedings of the National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Information Technology”, 20-21 September,2003, IIMS Bareilly, India.
(3) Katiyar, A., Ghatak, R.R. (2003) Changing face of Cyber Attacks, The Proceedings of the National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Information Technology”, 20-21 September,2003, IIMS Bareilly, India.
(4) Ghatak, R.R. (2007). Mergers & Acquisition Activity in India: An Analysis, National Seminar of I.T.S., Ghaziabad, March’2007,Delhi,India.
(5) Ghatak, R.R., Kumar. J. (2012). Impact of Indian Cultural Values on Service Quality Perceptions: Study on University Students in India, National Conference on Recent Developments in Mathematics and related areas,22-24, December,2012, Patna University, Patna, India.
(6) Ghatak, R.R. (2017). Prioritizing the barriers to servitization in Indian heavy machinery industry: An AHP Analysis, Annual Conference on Banking and Finance – 2017 (ACBFI 2017),” Changing Contours of Indian Financial System” 18-19, August, 2017, IMI Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, India.
(7) Ghatak, R.R. (2017). Roles and Resource contribution of customers in Sustainable Business Development, International conference on Research and Business Sustainability 2017(ICRBS 17), Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee,16-17, December,2017, Greater Noida Extension Center, IIT Roorkee, India.
(8) Ghatak, R.R. (2017). Customer Motivations and Resource Contribution Towards Sustainable Development, 3rd International Conference on " Drifts in Business, Governance, and Societal Values: Conflicts and Challenges" , December 8-9, 2017, IMI, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, India.
(9) Ghatak, R.R. (2017). Ethics of Risk: A Supply Chain Perspective, 11th ISDSI International Conference, 28-30 December,2017, Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli, India.
(10) Ghatak, R.R. (2018). Modelling of Critical Success Factor for Quality Management System Implementation for Indian Small Scale Plastic Manufacturing Enterprises – An ISM and MICMAC Approach, 2nd Annual Conference on Banking and Finance – 2018 (ACBF 2018),” “Towards a Sustainable Financial System” 24-25, August, 2018, IMI Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, India.
(11) Ghatak, R.R. (2018). Roles and Resource Contribution of Customers in Sustainable Business Development, 4th International Conference on Global Business Environment “Industry 4.0 : Business Beyond Boundaries” , December 7-8, 2018, IMI, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, India.
(12) Naik, S.K., Ghatak, R.R. (2018). Coal Sourcing Options for CPPs of Aluminum Smelters in India: Issues & Challenges, 4th International Conference on Global Business Environment “ Industry 4.0 : Business Beyond Boundaries” , December 7-8, 2018, IMI, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, India.
(13) Ghatak, R.R. (2018). Identification and analysis of service failures of package delivery business using AHP, International Conference on India and China: Economic, Social and Cultural Perspective, December 14-15, 2018, IMI, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, India.
(14) Naik, S.K., Ghatak, R.R. (2018). Value Addition by deployment of Third-Party Logistics Service Providers in Project-Logistics Executions, International Conference on India and China: Economic, Social and Cultural Perspective, December 14-15, 2018, IMI, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, India.
(15) Ghatak, R.R. (2018). Barriers to Customer Resource Contribution in Value Co-Creation: An Interpretative Structural Modelling Approach, 12th ISDSI International Conference, 27-30 December,2018, SP Jain Institute of Management and Research(SPJIMR), Mumbai, India