Specialization : Marketing
Designation : Associate Professor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of Joining : 11-06-2017
Nature of Association : Regular
1) I.C.S.E. (1971-81) St. Xavier’s school, Durgapur
2) W.B.H.S. (1981-83) St. Xavier’s school, Kolkata
3) B.E. (chemical) (1983 – 87) Regional Engineering College (NIT), Durgapur
4) P.G.D.M. (1987 – 89) Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
5) Fulbright- CII Fellowship (2001), Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburg, USA
6) Ph.D. (May, 2016), Alliance University, Bangalore.
Marketing Management, Strategy, and Consumer Behavior.
Date of Joining: 11-06-2017
Association with IMI-B: Regular
Dr. Rahul Gupta Choudhury is an Associate Professor of Marketing in International Management Institute (IMI), Bhubaneswar. He has fourteen years of experience in the corporate sector and another fourteen years of experience in academics. Dr. Choudhury has worked in very large corporates as well multinationals in sales and marketing as well as supply chain management. He has taught and trained MBA students as well as executives in some very reputed private business schools in the country. He is a chemical engineer from NIT, Durgapur and did his PGDM from IIM, Lucknow; he was also a Fulbright scholar in Carnegie Mellon University, USA. He has published many research papers in reputed national and international journals. He has presented papers in national and international conferences, both in India as well as abroad. His Ph.D. is in the area of marketing strategy which continues to be his major area of interest in research. He is also very keen on research related to consumer behavior as well as sales and distribution.
Research & Publication
List of Publications:
1) Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Saiganesh, S; Branding the Unbranded, Advertising Express, Vol. 9, Issue 5, pp. 35-38, May 2009.
2) Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Saiganesh, S; Behavioral Patterns of Gen Y consumers – A study with reference to Delhi, Noida, Faridabad & Gurgaon, Marketing Paradigm (Indore Management Institution & Research Centre), Vol. 1, Issue 1, pp. 56-59, September 2009.
3) Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Bhanja, Indranjan; A Study on Indian Men’s Suits Market, Marketing Mastermind, Vol. 10, Issue 12, December 2010.
4) Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Marketing Mix: A Product Life-Cycle View, Marketing Mastermind, Vol. 11, Issue 4, April 2011.
5) Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Reddy, Naveen Kumar; Market Analysis and Brand Preferences for Coca-Cola slim cans, IJRIM (International Journal of Research in IT and Management), Vol. 1, Issue 8, pp. 26-38, December 2011.
6) Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Potturu, V.K.B. Bhargav; Lakshmi, Maganti Jaya; A Study on Consumer Behavior on Purchase Pattern of Apparels, IFRSA Business Review (International Forum of Researchers Students Academicians Business Review), Vol. 1, Issue 2, pp. 196-201, December 2011.
7)Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Impact of Sales and Marketing on the Growth of the Firm: A Marketing Model Approach to Firms in India, International Journal of Business and Economic Research, USA; Vol. 1, Issue 2, pp. 47-66, March 2013.
8) Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; An Anthropological View of Consumer Behaviour, International Journal of Research in IT & Management, Vol. 3, Issue 10, pp. 32-43, October 2013.
9) Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Managing Change (Editorial), Journal of Hotel & Business Management (Omics Group, California, USA), November 2013.
10) Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Human Nature: Justice, Efficiency, and Culture, Journal of Economics and Finance (International Organization of Scientific Research), Vol. 2, Issue 5, pp. 41-47, January 2014.
11) Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Migration, Education, and Externalities; IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science; Volume 19, Issue 6, pp. 42-51, 2014.
12) Rai, Uttam; Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Marketing Strategy – components, effectiveness & importance of pricing - especially, in relation to emerging markets like India, IOSR Journal of Business and Management; Volume 16, Issue 11, pp. 52-60, 2014.
13) Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Sinha, Rupesh Kumar; Relationship between Personality Traits, Academic Achievement and Salary: An Empirical Study in a Reputed B-School in Bangalore, India; IOSR Journal of Research and Method in Education; Volume 5, Issue 3, pp. 37-43, 2015.
14) Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Sinha, Rupesh Kumar; Industry Internship Program in a Reputed Business School in India, FOCUS: The International Journal of Management; Volume 11, No. 1, pp. 34-42, 2015.
15)Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Sharma, Sonika; Recent Trends and Performance Metrics Evaluation of MBA Students In Reputed Business Schools in India, IOSR Journal of Research and Method in Education, Vol. 5, Issue 5, pp. 56-61, 2015.
16) Chatterji, Madumita; Choudhury, Rahul Gupta; Accreditation for Institutional Learning and Growth, Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA - a SAARC Recognized Body): A Compendium of Views/Thoughts, pp. 111-113, December 2015.
1) My book chapter “Influence of Marketing Mix Decisions on Emotional Branding and its Effect on Customer Appeal” has been accepted for publication by IGI Global for their forthcoming book “Driving Customer Appeal through the Use of Emotional Branding”.
1) Presented in Doctoral Consortium in Monash University, Melbourne, Australia (Organized by: Academy of Marketing Science, USA). July, 2013.
2) Presented a paper on Anthropology in the International Conference organized by OMICS group.
3) Participated in Doctoral Consortium organized by Academy of Marketing Science in Alliance University, Bangalore.
4) Doctoral Consortium in IIM, Ahmedabad (Organized by: Academy of Marketing Science, USA). January’ 2014.
5) I presented a paper in an international conference in University of Oxford (UK), on 20-21st June, 2016 (Organized by Academy of Business and Retail Management). I was also the ‘track chair’ for the session on marketing and branding.
I have participated in a HR conclave in 2015. On 28th July’2015, the event and my views were published by Economic Times, the largest circulated English language business newspaper in India. Similarly, Times of India – the largest circulated English language newspaper in India – published it on 23rd September, 2015.
I have also been inducted into the Editorial Board of Academy of Business and Retail Management, London, UK.
1) IIM (Indian Institute of Management), Bangalore: Management Review
2) Journal of International Business EducationFOCUS – The International Journal of Management (Bi-Annual Journal Publication from IFIM Business School).
Training & Consulting
Fourteen years in the corporate sector & Fourteen years in Teaching; chronologically:
1) Joined Blow Plast Ltd. 1989 as a management trainee. Worked as Area sales executive for 3 ½ years. Place of posting: Bombay, Calcutta, Raipur, Guwahati, Nagpur.
2) Shaw Wallace (Consumers products Division). As Product manager, for six months; Place of posting: Calcutta
3) Bausch & Lomb (Ray –Ban & Contact lenses). As Area Sales Manager, for 1 ½ years; Place of posting: Calcutta.
4) Business partner for an advertising agency for one year. Place of posting: Calcutta.
5) Worked in TI cycles for six years. Joined as Regional Manager (North) and became DGM (Sales – All India). Then became the head of a supply chain redesign initiative in the Western Region of India.
6) Joined M/S Ashima Textiles in Ahmedabad as DGM (Branding) and worked for 1 year. Place of posting: Ahmedabad.
7) Joined the Fellow Program in Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
8) Worked with ICFAI as a coordinator in their Ranchi branch. Became center-head of Ranchi branch. Then worked as Faculty in ICFAI Business School in Hyderabad. (Almost 4 years).
9) Worked in Amity University as Professor and HOD of marketing department in the business school. (One year).
10) Five years as Associate Professor in Alliance Business School (University) in Bangalore.
11) Four years (from 2013) as Associate Professor & HOD of Marketing department in IFIM Business School, Bangalore.
12) Currently working in International Management Institute (IMI), Bhubaneswar as Associate Professor, Marketing (from 12th June, 2017).
Teaching & Training:
Currently teaching the following subjects to MBA students as well as executives – Marketing Management, Sales & Distribution Management, Marketing Research & Analytics, Marketing Strategy, and Consumer Behavior.
Trained officers of nationalized banks as well as officers/non-officers defense personnel on various areas of marketing and supply chain management.
Received the Best Faculty Award for the academic year 2015-16.