Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
2 year full-time Program
It is increasingly being realized that people are key differentiators in enabling organizations to gain and maintain competitive edge in a borderless society. It is thus imperative for organizations to attract, nurture, develop and retain such talent which will be responsive to the demands of ever changing technology, increased mobility and fast growing obsolescence. HR professionals with an in depth understanding of the fundamental issues of management and related-disciplines and who bring an insight for perceptive people management are increasingly in demand. Organizations, Consulting houses, Government, Institutional bodies and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) are continuously seeking the expertise of skilled HR professionals to address present and emerging challenges of managing the diverse needs of a growing human talent pool. Insights and perspectives into the various HR subsystems will also be a necessary condition for enabling future HR professionals to contribute to the attainments of organizational development initiatives.
The Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM) prepares a cadre of HR professionals equipped with appropriate values, perspective, and competencies to become catalysts in developing a culture of excellence in the organization.
The program is approved by AICTE and accredited Internationally by the prestigious Association of MBA’s (AMBA) and by the South Asian Quality Assurance System (SAQs).
- The program is being offered with the following objectives:
- To acquire expertise in the different fields of human resources and employee relations;
- To understand the different areas of businesses and their linkages with the discipline of human resource management;
- To comprehend the strategic role of human resources in an organizational development model;
- To gainfully use technology across the various human resource function;
- To become change agents of an organization and society at large; and,
- To develop skills that make for sensitive and responsive professionals who integrate the working of the “heart and mind” as the foundation for building an enriching organization climate.
IMI follows the trimester system with the academic calendar beginning in June 2014 and each trimester being of 11-12 weeks duration. At the end of the first three trimesters of the program, all students are required to undergo compulsory summer internship for 8-10 weeks in industry.