The students are encouraged to participate in several reputed B-school events so as to showcase their talent to their peers in other B-schools and the Corporates. It provides an opportunity to learn and interact with other students and corporate managers.
Some students have excelled at the same. To name a few:
1. Aastha Bansal and Ishaan Rattanpal the PGDM 2nd year students of IMI Bhubaneswar bagged 2nd and 3rd position respectively in the annual "Young Talent Award" for the year 2013 organised by ISTD.
2. Shiva Krishna Padhi, the second year student of IMI Bhubaneswar received appreciation for his article named "Womania" which have been considered the Most Innovative Article for the month of June 2013 (refer the link: http://innovativearticle.com/articles/management/marketing/womania/).
3. Abhishek Mohanty, Navneet Goel and Pallavi Logan the ex-students of IMI Bhubaneswar secured First position in Excalibur (Perspective 2012: Data Exploration and Analysis Challenge) held on 9th December, 2012 at Nirma Campus.There were teams from IIFT Delhi, SIIB Pune, IMNU Ahmedabad, IIM Ahmedabad, Christ University Bangalore etc. who were selected for the final rounds.
4. Abhishek Mohanty, Navneet Goel, Smita Sangwan of IMI Bhubaneswar secured 2nd position in Fermi Paradox (Ritcher 2012: A Case Solving Challenge on fictional detection of a crime case) held on 8th December, 2012 at Nirma Campus. There were teams from IIFT Delhi, SIIB Pune, IMNU Ahmedabad who were selected for the final rounds.
5. Abhishek Mohanty and Navneet Goel of IMI Bhubaneswar won second position at Nirnay 2012 - Operations Quiz (conducted by XIMB in association with Indian Oil Corp. Ltd.) held on 03 November 2012. The other participating institutions included IIM Kolkata, IIM Rohtak, SIBM Pune, NITIE Mumbai, BIM Trichy, and JBIMS Mumbai.