Specialization : Marketing
Designation : Associate Professor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph. D. Utkal University, Odisha. MBA (Marketing) Agra University, U.P., B.Sc. (Mathematics & Statistics), Agra University, U.P.
- Marketing Research
- Customer Analytics
- Multivariate Modeling
Dr. Manit Mishra is Associate Professor (Marketing & Quantitative Techniques) at International Management Institute (IMI), Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. He has completed his Ph.D. in Management from Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. His teaching expertise includes Marketing Research, Business Analytics, Consumer Behavior, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). His areas of research interest are behavioral modelling and methodological research. He has published research papers in top journals such as Psychology & Marketing [Wiley]; Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services [Elsevier]; Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management [Elsevier]; and, Asian Case Research Journal [World Scientific], besides other publications. Overall, he has two SSCI indexed and two ABDC “A” category research publications. He is actively involved in conducting training sessions in CRM, multivariate data analysis and structural equation modelling (SEM) in IMI Bhubaneswar and at various other institutions of repute such as IMI New Delhi & IIT Kharagpur. He is also Associate Editor of the journal Global Business Review (A SCOPUS indexed journal categorized “C” as per ABDC), published by SAGE and is a member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Business Competition & Growth (An Inderscience journal). He has received funding for various research projects from ICSSR and AICTE.
Mishra, M. & Banerjee, M. (2018). Non-coercive influence: Scale development and validation based on resource and relational paradigms. Journal of Purchasing & Supply Management. Accepted for publication – Article in press (An Elsevier Publication with 2017 Journal Citation Report – Clarivate Analytics Impact Factor = 3.667; Web of Science - SSCI indexed; “B” category in ABDC Journal Quality List; SCOPUS indexed). [DOI: 10.1016/j.pursup.2018.04.001].
Mishra, M. (2018). For Indian online shoppers, have saying and doing parted ways? Psychology & Marketing, 35(1), 5-19. (A Wiley Publication with 2017 Journal Citation Reports – Clarivate Analytics Impact Factor = 2.023; Web of Science - SSCI indexed; “A” category in ABDC Journal Quality List; SCOPUS indexed). [DOI: 10.1002/mar.21067]
Banerjee, M. & Mishra, M. (2017). Retail supply chain management practices in India: A business intelligence perspective. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 34, 248-259 (ISSN: 0969-6989) [An Elsevier publication with 2017 Journal Citation Reports – Clarivate Analytics Impact Factor = 2.919; An “A” category journal in ABDC Journal Quality List; Indexed in SCOPUS]
Mishra, M. (2016). Confirmatory factor analysis (CFA) as an analytical technique to assess measurement error in survey research: A review. Paradigm, 20(2), pp. 97-112. [A SAGE publication for IMT, Ghaziabad].
Mishra, M. & Mishra, S. (2016). Financial risk tolerance among Indian investors: A multiple discriminant modeling of determinants. Strategic Change: Briefings in Entrepreneurial Finance, 25(5), 485-500. [A Wiley publication; A “C” category journal in ABDC List; SCOPUS indexed].
Mishra, M. (2015). Promoting oral health in rural India – The case of Pepsodent: An Analysis. Global Business Review, 16(3), 537-539 [A SAGE publication for IMI, New Delhi; A “C” category journal in ABDC List].
Mishra, S. & Mishra, M. (2014). Financial Risk Tolerance: A Literature Review. Siddhant – A Journal of Decision Making, 14(1), 10-20 (ISSN 2231-0649).
Mishra, M. & Sahoo, S. C. (2013). Bajaj Auto Limited: Synergizing Product Engineering and Market Engineering Initiatives. Asian Case Research Journal, 17(2), 305-338 [A World Scientific publication for NUS, Singapore; A “C” category journal in ABDC List].
Mishra, M. & Mohanty S. (2013). Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility Communication on Corporate Brand Personality Assessment. IUP Journal of Management Research, 11(4), 26-38.
Mishra, M & Mohapatra, S. (2011). A bi-sample and bi-method investigation of materialism in Indian context. International Journal of Development and Social Research, 2(2), 51-64.
Mishra, M. (2011). Assessment of influence of materialistic values on consumption innovativeness. Indian Journal of Marketing, 41(9), 23-30 [SCOPUS indexed].
Mishra, M. & Mishra, B. B. (2011). A quantitative assessment of materialistic value and its relationship with consumer behaviour in Indian culture. IUP Journal of Marketing Management, 10(2), 33-53.
Mishra, M. (2010). Materialism: Construct conceptualisation and operationalisation. Indian Journal of Marketing, 40(4), 3-9 and 65 (ISSN 0973-8703). [SCOPUS indexed].
Mishra, M. (2009). Measurement in Marketing: A study on construct validation with special reference to multitrait-multimethod (MTMM) matrix. Indian Journal of Marketing, 39(7), 9-15 [SCOPUS indexed].
Sahoo, S.C., Mishra, M. and Das, S.C. (2011), Marketing in Recession, CVRCE, Bhubaneswar, India.
Mishra, B. B. and Mishra, M. (2008), Retail Marketing, Vrinda Publications, New Delhi, India.
Edited Book ContributionsMishra, S. & Mishra, M. (2018). Investigation of moderating effect of demographic variables on the relationship between personality traits and financial risk tolerance of retail investors. Start-Up Enterprises and Contemporary Innovation Strategies in the Global Marketplace, Rajagopal and R. Behl (Eds.), IGI Global Publishers, Hershey, Pennsylvania, p. 122-135 (ISBN13: 9781522548324).
Mishra, M. (2016). A discussion on Indian consumers’ hedonic and non-hedonic values. Business Analytics and Cyber Security Management in Organizations, Rajagopal and R. Behl (Eds.), IGI Global Publishers, Hershey, Pennsylvania, p. 246-255 (ISBN13: 978-15-2250-902-8).
Conference Proceedings and Papers
Mishra, M. (2015), “A meta-analytic study of socially desirable responding (SDR) across Indian and Chinese cultures”, in International Conference on Sino-Indian Relation: Change and Development, Chengdu, Sichuan, China, 26-27 October, Sichuan Academy of Social Sciences, Chengdu, Sichuan, China.
Mishra, M. (2015), “Socially desirable responses as a source of method variance in research in Indian context. A critical review of literature and recommended statistical remedies”, in 6th IIMA conference on “Marketing in emerging economies", Ahmedabad, India, 7-9 January, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India.
Mishra, M. and Banerjee, M. (2015), “Retail supply chain management practices in India: Key priorities for competitive advantage and firm performance – A business intelligence perspective”, in 6th IIMA conference on “Marketing in emerging economies", Ahmedabad, India, 7-9 January, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India.
Mishra, M. and Mohanty, S. (2012), “Perceptual mapping of corporate brand personality based on corporate social responsibility communication”, in National conference on “Corporate social responsibility: Issues in implementation", Bhubaneswar Odisha, 9-11 February, Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar Odisha.
For all publications click here
- Presented research paper entitled, “Modeling Constructs: A Perspective on Validation,” at “7th ISDSI and 5th OSCM International Conference” organized by IMI, New Delhi, India, 28-30 December 2013.
- Presented research paper entitled, “A Meta Analysis of Causes of Sickness in MSME Sector,” at “UGC Sponsored International Seminar on Development of Entrepreneurship in MSME – A Way Forward to Sustainability,” organized by PG Department of Commerce, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India, 6-7 March, 2012.
- Presented research paper entitled, “Perceptual Mapping of Corporate Brand Personality based on Corporate Social Responsibility Communication,” at “National Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility: Issues in Implementation,” organized by Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB), 9-11 February, 2012.
- Presented research paper entitled, “Materialistic values: Measurement and assessment of relationship with individualistic constructs,” at “International Conference on Demography, Culture and Marketing (2010): An Integrated Approach towards Cognitive Justice with special focus on Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa,” organized by Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB), 14-16 December, 2010.
- Presented Research Paper entitled, “Materialism: Marketer’s greatest ally against downturn,” at National Seminar on “Marketing in a downturn economy,” at CVRCE, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, 01 June 2009.
- Presented Research Paper entitled, “An Empirical Investigation of Materialism in Urban Indian Consumers”, at International Conference on India in the Emerging Global Order, XIM Bhubaneswar, Odisha 29-31 January, 2007.
- Presented Research Paper entitled, “A Study on Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures in Indian Manufacturing Industry” at Conference on Global Competitiveness, IIM Kozhikode, Kozhikode, Kerala 24-25 March, 2006.
Ph.D. Scholars under Guidance
- Supervising four (04) in number Ph.D. scholars registered with different universities.
- Visiting faculty for International Management Institute, New Delhi (IMI) in the area of Research Methodology: Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) for FPM (2013-14).
- Visiting faculty for Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) in the area of Marketing Research for PGDM and PGDM-PT Programmes (2013-14).
- Invited by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi as Subject Matter Expert on Retail Management for review of study material prepared under NVEQF norms.
Association with Professional Bodies
- Member, Indian Science Congress Association.
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Research
- Business Analytics
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- Research Methodology
- Business Statistics
- Business Mathematics
- Hedonic consumption behavior
- Statistical Modelling
- Marketing instrument validation
- Multivariate consumer behavioural analysis
Faculty Development & Corporate Training Programmes Conducted
- Coordinated and offered sessions during 03 day MDP (04-06 September 2014) on “Customer Relationship Management (CRM)” for Executives of Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) held at IMI Bhubaneswar.
- Coordinated and offered sessions during 12 week MDP (04 August - 25 October 2014) on “Marketing & Sales Management” for personnel of Indian Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air force) sponsored by Directorate General Resettlement (DGR), Ministry of Defence held at IMI Bhubaneswar.
- Organized and conducted workshop on “Multivariate Research Methods” at IMI, Bhubaneswar on 22-23 December 2012.
- Centurion University of Technology & Management, Bhubaneswar, Odisha invited as the resource person for a one-day special session on “Research Methodology,” on 01 April 2012.
- GIMS, Gunupur, Odisha invited as the resource person for a one-day workshop on “SPSS package and its Applications in Business Research,” on 18 May 2011.
- Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Odisha invited as the resource persons to conduct a two-day Faculty Development Programme on “SPSS: An Important Tool for Research,” on 12-13 May 2011.
- SAM, Bhubaneswar, Odisha invited as Resource Person for conducting a session on “SPSS Training – cum – Workshop,” during 01 – 05 February 2011 for the faculty members.
- CVRCE, Bhubaneswar, Odisha extended an invitation to conduct a session on “Changing paradigms in retailing,” at an AICTE sponsored FDP on Monday, 19 April 2010.
- KIST, Bhubaneswar invited as resource person to conduct a session on the topic, “Brand Management” at Konark Institute of Science & Technology, Bhubaneswar, Odisha on 14 February, 2007.
- Chennai Radha Engineering Works Pvt. Ltd. (CREW) invited to conduct a session on “Employee motivation and dynamic changes happening across the organization,” on 24 January 2010 at Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Chennai Radha Engineering Works Pvt. Ltd. (CREW) invited to conduct an “Assessment Lab,” on 28 March 2010 at, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.